Wednesday 4 November 2009

Day 15 - The Family Silver


Yesterday morning I was trying to get a shot of one of our cats for the blog but he was being incredibly uncooperative so as I headed back to my study to put the camera away I saw this shot.  On the top of a short bookcase in the dining room we have an arrangement of semi-precious items including the silver photo frame, a pair of silver plated goblets and a crystal glass decanter and matching tumblers.  The most precious things about the items are the memories associated with them.  The decanter and glasses we have had for a long time and sometimes the decanter actually has something in it.  The goblets were bought for our silver wedding anniversary by Lynne's family over seven years ago now.  I bought Lynne the silver frame for either her birthday or Christmas some years ago.  The photo was one from our wedding slides which Lynne had copied to a photograph as a present for me.  Thinking about it now I realise that my memory of the hard facts is somewhat flaky but the sentiment is still there.  We've been together for over 35 years now and these items span those years and take pride of place in our home.  They are not expensive but they irreplaceable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment