Thursday 1 October 2009

Day 1 - My Study

So this morning I was excited about kicking off with my Picture A Day so I rushed through my breakfast and took a picture of my study.  It was about 7am and still quite dark, but I took a couple of shots and uploaded them to my computer.  I wasn't too happy with the quality but I had run out of time because it was time to go to work.  I took my camera with me because I thought I'd have to take a different photo for the blog because these first ones were just not good enough.

As I was driving to work I was looking around at things I might photograph later for the blog.  A sunrise shot on my way to work is a definite but this morning it wasn't colourful enough.  I've lots of ideas now and I ought to write them down because at my age I tend to forget a lot of things.  When I got to work there were some small trees in the car park of the hotel next to the office that had some beautiful autumn colours so I need to catch them soon.  The sun was behind them and the yellows and reds were lit up wonderfully.  Unfortunately at lunch time the sky had clouded over somewhat so they weren't showing off their colours quite as well. 

On the way home I made a mental note of lots more photo opportunities so they'll be forgotten by tomorrow.  So back to my study and some more photographs.  It's still not too bright in here but I used my built in flash to try and balance with the natural light.  I used a high sensitivity (ISO800) so I could narrow the aperture but keep the shutter speed at 1/50 second to avoid motion blur.  So here's the final result .  My god, my study is a mess.  I have an idea for another photo, "my study when it's tidy".  Right, so where's my astrological calendar?   When's the next blue moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment