Friday 2 October 2009

Day 2 - Early Morning in the Office

It's Friday and I'm into work about 07:50.  The traffic was light on the motorway.  So there's no-one here (actually Donna was here but was out of shot) and all the blinds are still closed.  Usually Chris is in before me but he's on holiday in the USA for a few days and the early shift of support team are in the Manchester office today.  Fridays are usually quite in the office because all the project managers and executives are "working from home" but today the place is deserted.

Anyhow, as in my study it was quite gloomy, especially with the blinds down, so I set the sensitivity high again.  I didn't use the flash this time because the area was too big for it to make much difference.  In fact it would have lit up the foreground and left the background dark and I didn't want that.  So the shutter speed was a long 1/10 of a second which is a bit too slow to stop camera shake.  So I had the camera resting on top of a cabinet and I held it down while I pushed the button.

The lighting was giving a bit of a yellow cast so I adjusted the white balance to try and make it look more normal.  However it looks very blue outside through the gaps between the blinds and the blind at the end of the office.  Anyhow it's the weekend now (as I add the post) so maybe chance to get out and make some non work related shots.

1 comment: