Tuesday 13 October 2009

Day 13 - The Kiss 2


As I suggested yesterday I thought I'd take the last image and spend some time trying to improve it and  these are the adjustments I have made.  Firstly I have blurred the hair of the girl a little to stop it looking as though it's in sharp focus so that it doesn't pull the eye away from the heads.  For the same reason I have also darkened parts of both bodies especially where there were areas of high contrast.  To accentuate the heads a little more I've added a bit more contrast and sharpened slightly.  I cloned out the light patches in the top right hand corner and between the two bodies.  Then I added a vignette to make the corners darker and bring out the statue from the background.  Finally I have increased the colour saturation to really make the whole statue pop.   I think the improvement was well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment